Mocha Martini Parfait
This weekend was one of the best weekends I’ve had in a while. The weather was perfect and the sunlight was beautiful. It was a perfect couple of days to enjoy the warm breeze, walk along the river, and enjoy some great company! It was incredibly refreshing. So of course, I had to welcome Spring with a fresh, and zesty parfait to top it all off!
Key elements in this delicious treat which take it over the top are it’s eco friendly ingredients!
Low carbon footprint features:
- Choosing fruits that are in season reduces the carbon footprint.
- Buying yoghurt from your local farmers market reduces the transportation carbon footprint.
- 6 tablespoons of nonfat, plain yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 2 teaspoons of cocoa powder, high quality
- 1/2 a banana
- 1 clementine
- 3-4 tea biscuits
- Handful of chocolate chips
- (For the toppings, feel free to switch it up or put as much as you want!)
- In a small bowl, combine yoghurt, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract. Mix well with a small fork or whisk to ensure the cocoa powder is fully incorporated.
- Thinly slice half your banana and keep aside.
- Dice your clementine into bite sized pieces and keep aside.
- Break up your tea biscuits into small pieces and keep aside.
- In your martini glass put the crushed tea biscuits on the bottom.
- Then pour your yoghurt on top.
- Arrange your toppings on top of your yoghurt to your liking.
- Top off the look with a thin lime slice.