Fruit and Nut Breakfast Bar
These delicious bars aren’t overpoweringly sweet, yet they have the perfect medley of dried fruits and toasted nuts for a delicious and healthy start to your day!
P.S. They also serve as a great snack. I just can’t get enough of these! I hope you love them as much as I do!
2 cups of oats
2 cups of chopped almonds
24 dried pitted dates
30 dried apricots
1 1/2 cups of dried cranberries
1 cup of raw honey
1. In a pan, lightly roast the oats until they open up and start to lightly brown. (You should start to smell a nutty aroma).
2. Place them in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
3. In the same pan, lightly roast the almonds, as well. Once lightly browned, place them aside in the same large mixing bowl with the oats.
4. Finely slice the dried fruits and combine with the almonds and oats. Mix all ingredients in the bowl with a spoon or spatula, before adding the honey.
5. Add the honey to the mixture and combine it fully with your dry ingredients.
6. Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit (150 degrees Celsius).
7. In a glass pan 8 1/2 x 11 inches, place parchment paper and spray the base with nonstick cooking spray.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
9. Let cool until room temperature.
10. Cut into bars and enjoy!