Christmas Sugar Cookies
This is a simple, organic take on your classic holiday sugar cookies. The best way to get a well defined shape is to make sure your dough has been chilled for a long enough time! If you stick to that one rule, your cookies should get that refined, elegant look!
1 cup of softened butter
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
2 3/4 cups of all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1. In a bowl, sift flour and baking baking powder together. Set aside.
2. In another bowl beat butter and sugar together until the mixture is a light, white color and you can no longer feel the sugar granules in the butter mixture.
3. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract into the butter/sugar mixture.
4. Gradually mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until a dough forms.
5. Make a large dough ball and cover it in a container to refrigerate overnight.
6. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius).
7. Roll out dough on a well floured surface and cut out into shapes of your liking! (Ensure the dough is of the same thickness so that all cookies get an even bake!).
8. Put parchment paper on baking sheets before placing cookies on them to bake!
9. Bake for 6-8 minutes.
10. Let them cool on a wire rack. Enjoy!